Maynard Aquatic Center
6 a.m. - 10 a.m.
3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
By Reservation Only (See below for details)
Coronavirus reopening update
Burlington Recreation and Parks is pleased to announce that the Maynard Aquatic Center is now open for lap swimming/water exercise.
The following modifications have been informed by recommendations from the Center for Disease Control, NC Department of Health and Human Services, and American Red Cross recommendations. Operations are subject to change based on public health data, trends, availability of adequate PPE, and staffing.
The Maynard Aquatic Center is open with modified hours and by reservation only:
- 6am-10am and 3pm-7pm, Monday - Friday through July 31.
- Our new schedule begins August 3: 6-7am, 7:15-8:15am, 8:30-9:30am, 9:45-10:45am and 3:30-4:30pm, 4:45-5:45pm, 6-7pm
- Swimmers can reserve a 1 hour time slot up to 24 hours in advance of each session by going online to https://cobaquatics.getomnify.com/
- Maximum occupancy is 12 people in the water for each hour session.
- This accommodates one swimmer per lane with specific areas reserved for water walking (shallow end) and exercise (dive well).
- Patrons reserve an hour and a type of exercise (i.e. lap swimming, water walking or aqua jogging.)
- Patrons should self- health screen before entering the facility.
- Patrons should arrive swim-ready (already in swim suit) and bring a personal water bottle and towel.
- Patrons who arrive early should wait in their vehicle until their session begins.
- Face coverings should be worn at all times, except while in the water.
- A COVID-19 waiver must be signed before using the facility.
- Patrons must be 18+ years of age or be a competitive swimmer (USA or School Team with proper verification) 16+ years of age. No guests/spectators are permitted with the swimmer. Formal practices or coaches accompanying the swimmer are not permitted at this time.
online Swim Reservation information
Attention all lap swimmers and independent water exercise patrons! Below you will find the link to create an account through our online reservation system. Please keep in mind that you will not be able to reserve a spot until 24 hours before any given session. See below for helpful tips:
Please pay attention to what you are signing up for. All of the sessions are grouped together by days, times and activities. Make sure you are signing up for not only the time you would like to come but also the activity you plan to do (i.e. lap swim, deep water exercise or water walking.)
You are limited to one activity session per day. (Admin reserves the right to cancel a reservation if someone has booked two or more sessions.)
Be sure to click confirm after you’ve booked! If you do not click the confirm button it will not save your spot.
Note that unless you have a current membership or punch card, you must pay the daily attendance fee upon arrival. ($3.50 for patrons 55+ and $5.00 for patrons 18-54 years of age) Credit cards are highly encouraged.
Every patron will need to make his/her own account. Joint accounts are not available.
Due to modified hours, spots are limited. If you are unable to keep your reservation, please be courteous and cancel so someone else may use that time slot.
Link to online reservations:
important user tips, information and reminders (7/28/20 update)
ABOUT THE MAC
- Hourly lifeguard rates begin at $10.50
- Many shifts are available between 5:30 am and 8 pm, seven days a week
- The City is providing FREE Lifeguard training for applicants 16 years and up interested in becoming a lifeguard for the City. Click here for more information.
- Come join our team!
|Resident & Non-Resident|
|Ages 2-15 & 55+||$3.50|
|3 Month Membership|
|Ages 2-15 & 55+||$55.00|
|All Inclusive Annual Pass **All Ages**||$160.00|
|Additional Members - Same Household||$25.00 Each|
|Water Aerobics Punch Pass|
|Private Pool Parties (2 hours)|
|Public Pool Parties (2 hours)|
|Table Reservation (8 people)||$20.00||$25.00|
|Participant Entry (per person)||$3.00||$4.50|
due to swim meets, the mac will close at 4pm on the following days:
No swim meets are currently on the schedule.