North Park Pool
North Park Pool
849 Sharpe Road
Burlington, NC 27217
(336) 222-5049 (during pool hours)
The pool is now closed for the 2020 season. Reopening anticipated in May 2021!
North Park Pool full renovation is complete! . Learn more about making a reservation. Read the COVID Procedures and the Pool Rules.
The renovation project was kick-started with an allocation of $200,000 from the state legislature. The North Park Improvement Plan began in fall of 2016 and the renovation of the pool was phase 2 of this plan. Highlights of the renovation include:
- Restored Mural: Efforts were made to preserve the mural during demolition and construction and necessary touch-ups were performed by artist William Gattis.
- ADA Accessible Driveway: Previously a steep path was the only way to access the pool complex. Now, there is a pull-through drive with drop-off and Handicap accessible parking options.
- ADA Zero-Entry: A beach-entry provides safe access for all. The pool also has a chair lift for additional ADA access into the pool.
- Lap Swim Ability: The pool features lap lanes and starting blocks and can accommodate exercise swim or competitive swimming.
- Covered Shelter: A pavilion offers shade and fans for picnics and watching families and friends swim. There are also two semi-permanent shade structures for additional protection from the sun.
- Party Room: There is a multipurpose room available for rental during a typical season (2 hour rental/$60 residents; $80 non-residents).
- Family Restroom
- Splash Features
- Larger Deck with adjacent Guard Room
- Reservations can be made up to 2 days in advance by following the link above.
- Group maximum is 15 people. This includes any age person entering the facility, whether swimming or not.
- There must be at least one adult (at least 18 years of age) in every group and for every five people in the group. A group of 10 needs at least 2 adults. A group of 15 requires at least 3 adults.
- Payment is necessary to make a reservation. The person making the reservation is responsible for payment of the entire group at arrival. Total fees will be charged based on the total number attending from each age group.
- Ages 2-15 or 55+ are $1.00
- Ages of 16-54 are $3.00
- Card payments are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED on-site.
- If you are unable to utilize your reservation for any reason, please cancel in advance so that others may use the slot. Cancellations can be made in your Omnify profile by clicking on Reservation Details and choosing Cancel.
2020 Rates and Hours
- $3/person for ages 16-54
- $1/person for ages 2-15 and 55+
- Saturdays from 12:00 - 5:30 pm
- Sundays from 12:00 - 5:30 pm
- Hours begin September 19
- Appropriate swim wear is required. No cotton allowed. Swim diapers are required for those not potty trained.
- Everyone must rinse in the on-deck showers before entering pool.
- Swim tests will be given at the beginning of session for those interested in swimming in deep water.
- Non-swimmers must remain in the shallow end of the pool.
- Children <5 years of age must be within arm’s reach of an adult at all times both in and out of water. Max of 2 children <5 years of age per adult.
- No food allowed. No coolers. No concessions will be available.
- There is no refund/raincheck for weather or fecal accidents. Consider cancelling if storms are forecast. Keep in mind that water temperatures may be cool and rain a possibility. The pool will close if thunder or lightning is seen or heard.
- Do not enter if you have a cough, fever, or any other symptoms of illness.
- Group must enter all together at one time. No late arrivals will be admitted.
- If you arrive early, wait in your car until your reservation time.
- Participants 18 and over are required to sign a COVID waiver prior to entry.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED and must be worn any time you are not in the water.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between you and other people who are not a part of your group.
- Locker rooms are open, but lockers and indoor showers will not be available for use.
- Group must exit facility immediately after reservation ends. This allows time to clean, disinfect, and sanitize between groups.
- Bring your own water. The water fountain will not be available for use.
- No equipment will be provided, but you may bring your own Coast Guard approved safety vests. No inflatables allowed.