2020 Camp Green Leaves
Camp Green Leaves is a summer day camp coordinated by the City of Burlington Recreation & Parks Department for children and adults with developmental disabilities. The camp schedule includes activity rotations in the outdoors, including swimming, arts and crafts, music, sports and games, and supervised free time. The camp also features daily active field trips on busses/vans to local parks and recreation facilities, as well as trips around the Piedmont area. Participants are grouped by age.
All participants must be independent with mobility, feeding, toileting and all self-care needs. Participants should participate in group activities and must be able to stay with the group. Participants who are not self-sufficient will be required to have a one-on-one personal assistant, which the parent/guardian must provide. Participants must have manageable behaviors and healthcare needs. They must be exempt from any extreme health-care conditions or needs. Camp Green Leaves is not able to accommodate participants needing assistance with ambulation due to uneven and rugged terrain. Staff to participant ratio is 1:2.
It is with great sadness to announce that for the first time in over 50 years, we will not be operating Camp Green Leaves this summer. Please read the document below for more information.
Virtual Summer activities
To stay connected with our families this summer, we will be providing creative virtual activities for Camp Green Leaves campers. If you are interested and able to participate, please email Elizabeth Hill at email@example.com. It is our hope to go virtual by the beginning of July.
Forms & Additional Info
- 2020 CGL Operational Policy for Participants
- 2020 CGL Registration Form
- Medication Policy Packet & Action Plan
- Additional Medical Support -
- Additional Medical Support -
- One-On-One/Personal Assistants Information (coming soon)
- Summer Camp Job Openings
- 2020 Lunch Menu (coming soon)
sign up for notify me
Sign up for Notify Me and we will keep you up to date about summer information and registration. Register for Notify Me Notifications to receive phone calls, text messages, and/or emails from any combination of subscription lists from the City of Burlington. You can tailor your topic selection to your interests and select your preferred method of message receipt. Visit www.BurlingtonNC.gov/NotifyMe to subscribe!
All information must be completed and submitted with the necessary information and signatures. Failure to complete ALL sections may result in the participant not being able to attend camp.
Priority will be given to Alamance County Residents once registration beings. Afterwards, consideration will be given to participants outside of Alamance County. Registration deadline is June 1.
Registration will remain open until the camp is full. Space is limited. Accounts with outstanding balances will not be allowed to register a child (must be paid in full to register participant).
- 2020 Camp Green Leaves Registration Form with Signed Waivers
- Payment to secure participant’s space
- Required documentation:
- a copy of the participant's birth certificate (annually)
- proof of address (driver's license or current utility bill) – i.e. Group Homes
- IEP and BIP (Behavior Plan) or signed release (see registration form)
- Background Check (annually - if age 16 or older)
- Medical Report (Medical Report information is required for new participants and must be updated every two years)
- Medication Policy Packet (if medication is required during camp hours)
To be eligible for CGL Alumni Week: participants must be 23 years of age. Birth certificates or government issued IDs are required annually to verify a participant’s age.