Planning & Community Development
Welcome to the City of Burlington Planning and Community Development Department. Here you'll find information about how to build a project in the City.
COVID-19 RESPONSE - outdoor dining
The City will be waiving planning review fees during this time for outdoor dining applications. Please download the proper application for your business and submit to Conrad Olmedo at email@example.com, 336-513-5416 or drop off by appointment at 425 S. Lexington Ave., call 336-222-5110 to schedule.
- Outdoor Dining Application (for public property locations excluding streets)
- Temporary Use Application (for private property locations)
To expedite your application, please make sure to include all the required application materials, including: property owner approval, a certificate of liability insurance, and sketch plan.
Boards & Commissions
- Board of Adjustment
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Minimum Housing Commission
- Planning and Zoning Commission
PLANNING & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
P.O. Box 1358, Burlington, NC 27216
425 S. Lexington Ave., Burlington, NC 27215
P: (336) 222-5110, F: (336) 513-5410